Friday, July 29, 2011

Wk1 - Fractals, Maths & Music

I'm not having much luck in regard to finding some script to create a Mandelbox in Maya... I haven't given up hope yet though.

In any case, we had our first DMM3 Meeting today.  We pitched our ideas.  Of course, now I feel like I've started down the Mandelbox track...  Alistair mentioned Michael Barnsley and Kit mentioned Tim Brook - Mathematics/Fractal Art.  Alistair also mentioned the Lindenmayer System (L-System on Wiki and Wolfram Mathworld)

Another thing that was mentioned was Fractal Compression and the failure of Fractal-based Music.  I wonder whether there is possibility of using such "music" as accompanying audio?

Update:
I went to Hancock Library and got a few books out by Michael Barnsley (Michael.Barnsley@anu.edu.au or mbarnsley@aol.com): "Fractals Everywhere", "Superfractals" and "Fractals in Multimedia".  His site, www.superfractals.com is also very interesting.