Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wk1 - Ideas for this semester

I thought I was very clear about what I wanted to do but as of today I don't know.  A friend of mine thought it might help if I outline the various ideas I had for this semester thus here they are:


  • Animated GIFs - I like the ones with tension
    • Light Bulb
    • Smash TV
  • Abstract video with a base of mundane/potentially bad, grainy footage processing it to the point of non-resemblance.  Using a combination of Nuke and FCP.
  • Something programmatic - Porcessing or Maya -> shapes/fractals -> Mandelbrot set.
    • I'd have to learn both, maybe too late in the degre to do this with the tools I don't understand.  What about Nuke though?
  • Continue analysing things close up using actual video
  • Video Animation -> Morph train to pieces to Bird.
  • Koyanastazi for Canberra.