Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Test Shoots - Haircut & Ceramics

I managed to get the 5D...  Played a little with the camera the Tuesday with Thom but this really was the first time I'd used the 5D.

Haircut

With the 35-107mm lens, I took footage of another haircut, this time of Diana... I underestimated how much memory shooting with the 5D can take... I soon run out of memory and had to switch briefly over to the HV20.  There were some very cool shots but I still felt restricted in the space and just generally...

[OMG!  Lint inside camera and a mark on sensor caused marks on all haircut footage - JP replaced camera but in doing so, I missed the opportunity to visit the hairdressers to do some panning product/chemical type shots.  The person who had the camera before me needs to be shot, even just for cross-threading the filter.]


Ceramics

Not wishing to have the camera and not use it, I went back to the Ceramics workshop - this time I focussed more on the objects around the workshop, panning across the things that took my interest, using the focus on the lens to run across the surface of objects.  This was a fun exercise.


On a side-note, importing footage to APR422(HQ) seems problematic so far... I'm getting considerable lag with the imported videos... JP has offered to assist with this process so I'm hoping this is fixed when I see him tomorrow.