Monday, March 14, 2011

It's in the Titles

When I think about which videos that truly impress and inspire me, I think about TV title sequences.

So I finally finished compiling my list of the best Title Sequences and they are:

Live Video


Runners up include: Boardwalk Empire (Imaginary Forces), Damages (Bigstar), HBO Boxing (Digital Kitchen), Justified (Elastic), Misfits (MOMOCO), Nip Tuck (Digital Kitchen), Southland (Imaginary Forces), Tilt (Digital Kitchen) and Weeds (Thomas Cobb Group).

Animated

  • Breaking Bad by Vince Gilligan
  • Fringe by Andrew Kramer of Video Copilot
  • Misfits by MOMOCO/Maguffin
  • Rome by A52
  • Rubicon by Imaginary Forces
  • United States of Tara by Jamie Caliri
  • The Walking Dead by Prologue Films

Runners up include: Brat Bratu (Armada), The Cape (The Picture Mill), Chuck (Imaginary Forces) Fringe (Red and Retro), The IT Crowd (Shynola) and Sanctuary (Pure).

As anyone can see, Digital Kitchen and Imaginary Forces feature heavily in my list.  I don't believe I'm being biased toward these companies, I believe they just happen to make the best sequences at this time.  And this is why I set the bar high in wishing to emulate the quality of such high quality work.