Friday, March 11, 2011

Major Proposal & Feedback

It seems every time I discuss my work with anyone, especially in a group situation, I come away feeling as if I've been punched in the guts.

Depite my Keynote presentation being railroaded at slide 3, the general feedback was that I should remove the deliberate insertion of the murder/death symbolism in the work and focus on 1) getting the practice down first, because 2) that symbolism and imagery will come in that process.

Essentially I've been directed to just go for it, start shooting...  thus, I have scheduled some test shoots for next week.  I can't get the 5D but my HV20 should suffice for this exercise.  As a result, the aim will be to film my three subjects (hairdressing, ceramics and cleaning) so as to observe the actions and work out what it is I need to film in the studio.