Monday, November 7, 2011

Break Wk3 - Grad Show AV Requirements

Chris has asked for our requirements from an AV requirement perspective.  My e-mail:
I'd require the 5 iMacs on plinths (still organising plinths... I hope), with associated power... minimum 1 keyboard and mouse for setup...  iMacs will communicate with each other via a wireless connection with each other.  An additional plinth will sit nearby to display my two objects.  I'd prefer to have sound coming from the installation but if headphones are needed then that's fine... Otherwise, I'd like to connect my 2.1 speaker setup, thus meaning 6 power points.
From a location perspective, if it out in the open, I'd like it to be in a corner, not facing a light source (ie, window) so that I avoid glare.
If you require more info or to discuss further, please advise.
The response:
We are going to to have to be creative, as I don't think we have 5 iMacs. I understand we have 13 for the entire show! Can you outline a possible alternative?
We will get your work installed and looking impressive, somehow.
The logistics of moving from 5 to 3 seems impossible in my head.  Apparently I need a backup though... I don't know.

Chris said to have a look at the spot he thinks will work for me... I've taken a photo of it: