Thursday, June 16, 2011

Complementary Video & Assessment.

So, after much heartache at the library computers and on my aging mac mini at home, I produced the following video for assessment today in my Video Complementary 1 class.

At the end, I was quite proud to show this one... it is probably my best work for the semester, in my opinion.  I guess my marks will be the proof of that.


Assessment was handled by Riley, Kit and Katie.  A nice, friendly bunch.  It think it went well.

My take on the feedback was that it was a polished piece (Riley), they liked obscurity of the object particularly when it seemed to breathe (both Kit and Katie were left guessing - thought it was skin and some other think like that) and they felt that the concept of exploring textures was valid and strong (Kit) and that maybe I should have used some of the surfaces from the earlier shoots, eg. ceramics (Riley).

It was nice to see Katie again.