Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Major Assessment Over! Comments/Notes from VIVA

Had assessment today.

It was disappointing that I didn't get to show the lego winch I brought along or the prior Wii ad for reference for the other two but I think review went relatively well.  I felt much more confident after Chris's comment about it being mostly there... I needed the boost.


In any case, it was an hour ago now so it's difficult to remember everything that was said but my recollections are as follows:

Chris - It's mostly there, drops the ball at the end.  Need to see the product I'm selling.  Keep going hard at it, keep doing them.  Get it down.  Watch more ads, eg. watched video clips for a year.  I want a number of these by the end.

Kit - It felt like the 15sec version of the 30sec ad. I needed to go through the failures to learn (eg. long slow shots meant nothing at speed). Watch all the Nintendo ads.  Entry level work is usually doing roto.  Check out 'Motion Graphics Designer Showreel' to watch other people's work.  Be up on AE.  AE is used in commercial work, Nuke in Film - keep that in mind - it is only technology.  Organised to meet with Kit 10am Friday to discuss direction for next semester.

Alistair - Sound needs more base.  Get the ideas down before next semester starts so that I hit the ground running.  I'll e-mail him to organise to meet with him in two weeks to discuss next semester's direction.

Lucien - [ How embarrassing, I can't even remember his points. :-/ ]