Monday, May 9, 2011

Wk9 Birthday & Construct Plumbing Slider

It's my birthday and I decided to visit a friend of mine to use his additional working space and get his help with constructing my new camera slider.  The plan was to make the wheel based slider with bides again.

He suggested that I go with a modular design instead,  particularly since I couldn't find any wheels that I feel would work properly.  Thus, today, I constructed this:

plumbing-based camera slider.


From what I can tell, based on this design, I might have a winner.  It slides really smoothly, particularly if I use it with different height ends, thus allowing gravity to assist with the movement.  I get the 5D tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.  I've also ensured that I can mount the camera from above and below.  I've also cannibalised my tripod so that it can be mounted on multiple things using the proper head.