Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Questioning Map Concept and Proposal

As much as looking into Ptolomy's Map was interesting...

I placed the map onto a plane and changed parts of it to correspond to the terrain. 
  1. Whilst the map looked kinda good at such a close camera angle... it clearly would need to be worked over, either to remove the words or clear them up... I think there is too much work here.
  2. My ideas for the camera wandering around, seeing the drop to the sea, seeing the fire pop up as they reach the equator, and get blown back by the winds... are very basic and to be pulled off nicely, I'd need to be able to draw better and better represent my pop-up book concept without it looking cheap and nasty... I want something clean and polished.
  3. I want to know more about the legends back then, ala, too hot at equator... this is proving very difficult to research.
  4. My other thought of a Southern version of the map, as if Australians had explored a small amount and thought New Guinea was larger, as was New Zealand, with a similar heat concept at the equator again needed better fleshing out and better drawing skills.  I think if this concept was undertaken by a group it might have a better chance of success.
It's a pity, 'cos I was enjoying the idea of using the Ptolomy map.  I was going to write up the proposal anyway but I've decided against it now.