Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blog Resurrection

So, in an effort to more accurately capture our "Visual Diaries" for Digital Media, we are now going to keep an electronic blog rather than draw inside paper-based diaries.

In my opinion, this is awesome... a huge step forward.  At the same time, I'm not sure in what form this will take when it comes to handing my "process diary" in at assessment time.

We had it suggested that we use the Tumblr blog system to keep track of our diary but after a couple days of using it, I worked out pretty quickly that the system is far from desirable when it comes to the ability to customise the look and feel and to be able to clearly tag, categorise or label posts depending on a topic, especially when the blog will likely contain multiple subject matters.  Thus, I deleted the Tumblr account and reopened my Blogger account, initially expanding on the existing blog.  I'm really happy with it so far and from what I can tell, the system does everything, and more, than what Tumblr does.

Sorry Tumblr.  Blogger Rules!