Monday, April 4, 2011

Where am I this week?

After speaking to Christopher and Riley in the last week, I'm resolved to the idea that I need to consider the title sequences as a reference to the quality I'm after in my own work and drop the idea of creating a title sequence.

As soon as this decision was made, I felt a lot of relief.

Therefore, my video sequences for both my major and my video complimentary are more closely macro video of actions taken in an almost fetishist manner.  The idea is that upon shooting such things as Ceramics and Cleaning (the two subjects split between both courses - I've dropped hairdressing despite its abundant visual material due to logistical issues) will produce the necessary impact on its own - like that of my fruit-based video... I wish for the viewer to be put off by the viewing of such mundane yet close-up tasks.

I need a new 'sentence' to describe what it is I'm doing... Hmmm.